There are a number of ways you may be affected financially due to the current Coronavirus pandemic. The Government has published some guidance for current students relating to funding, it can be found here.
The Money Advice Service have produced a Q&A video for students which you may find useful, it can be found here.
Additional Financial Support
Student Finance England
- We understand Student Finance England have paid the final maintenance loan instalment for the summer term as normal
- Payments will not change due to the move to learning online
- You can continue to apply online for funding as normal
- Please check the Gov.uk website here and SLC website here for updates
- If your employer has deemed you unable to work due to the current pandemic, you have lost your job or your hours have been reduced, you may be eligible for support through the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme
- You may be eligible for welfare benefits, including Universal Credit
- Please visit the Gov.uk website here for more information or contact your employer
- The university is aware that some students are still being asked to pay their accommodation fees to private providers
- The government has suspended all new evictions from social or private rented accommodation while this national emergency is taking place. If you are struggling to pay your rent please contact your landlord, the Students’ Union Advice Centre or a charity such as Shelter for advice
- The Department for Health and Social Care have confirmed that all NHS Bursary, Social Work Bursary and Learning Support Fund payments will continue to be awarded as normal
- Claims for placement expenses are now being processed online
- Students applying for the Exceptional Support Fund will need to book an appointment with the Student Funding Team before we can complete and send your application, to book an appointment please go here.
- Applications for the NHS Bursary and Social Work Bursary for the forthcoming academic year are currently paused
- You can see more information and log in to your online account here
Check this page regularly for updates. There is a comprehensive guide to how you may be affected financially by Coronavirus on the Money Saving Expert’s page here.