Only students that are eligible to apply for the Student Success Scholarship will be able to see the link to apply. There are a number of reasons why you may not be eligible to apply and, therefore, are not able to see the link:
- You have already received the scholarship in the current academic year; if you have had a successful application you will not be able to apply again until the next academic year.
- Your household income is above the threshold of £62,343. If you believe that your household income has not been assessed correctly by Student Finance England, there has been a change in your circumstances or change in your household income, please contact Student Finance England to let them know.
- You have not been means tested by Student Finance England; to determine if you are eligible to apply for the Student Success Scholarship the university looks at your household income as accessed by Student Finance England. If you have not been means tested we are unable to verify your household income and, therefore, you will not be able to see the link to apply. If you would like to be means tested please contact Student Finance England. Please note that being means tested will not guarantee eligibility, your household income will still need to be below the maximum threshold of £62,343.
'Means testing' is the term used for when Student Finance England assess your household income and base you maintenance loan on that amount.
- You are studying a course eligible for the the NHS Training Grant or Social Work Bursary. Students in receipt of government funding to study their course, such as the NHS Training Grant or Social Work Bursary, are not eligible for the Student Success Scholarship. This is consistent with other courses such as those that attract a teacher training bursary. The amount you receive from the grant/bursary will be greater than the maximum amount the University can offer through the Student Success Scholarship. If however, for whatever reason, you are not eligible for the grant/bursary please let us know by contacting Hallam Help.
- You are currently on a placement year; this scholarship is only available to students in the years they are attending university.
- You started your course before September 2017; this scholarship is only available to students that started on a course from September 2017 onwards and paying the tuition fee of £9,250. Use the Scholarship and Bursary finder to see what other schemes you may be eligible for.
- You are studying a postgraduate course; this scholarship is only available to students on undergraduate courses.
- You are an international student; this scholarship is only available to students with a home fee status.