complete our online registration form.Mental health support at Sheffield Hallam
Within the student Wellbeing team our mental health practitioners can:
- Suggest practical coping strategies and advice on managing your mental health condition at University
- Liaise with staff in faculty about your needs
- Make referrals to other support services within the university, such as Disabled Student Support
- Help you access your GP and advise about local mental health services
- Support your return to your studies following time off due to your mental health difficulties.
The phrase ‘mental health difficulties’ covers a range of experiences that people have, including stress, anxiety, depression, bipolar disorder and schizophrenia. There are many other terms used to describe mental and emotional wellbeing. Please refer to the MIND website for more examples.
To access support from the student wellbeing service, please complete the online registration form.