Sexual Violence, Sexual Harassment or Abuse 

It can be difficult to know what to do if you have experienced sexual violence or sexual harassment, or if you are supporting someone who has. The same is true if you are in or have experienced, a relationship where there is violence, or coercion or control. 

Sexual violence can be rape or touching without consent, but might also be phone calls, messages, pictures, online abuse or a range of other sexual or behaviours that you don’t agree to or make you feel uncomfortable.   

Support is available to you both in the university and from services outside. Using Report and Support you can request to speak to one of our specialist support workers based in Student WellbeingYou will be offered a confidential conversation without judgementYou can think about options for formal reporting, or not, you can also access psychological/emotional and practical support.