There are many factors that affect whether you need a visa to study in the UK. Students from outside the EEA or Switzerland need a visa to study in the UK.

Most international students need a Student visa.

However, exchange and study abroad students coming to Sheffield Hallam University for up to six months can choose to apply for a Short-term study visa instead. If you come to the UK on a Short-term study visa, you will not be allowed to do any paid or voluntary work and you will not be able to extend your stay in the UK.

Visit for more information.