Yes, the Enterprise Team at Hallam enables you apply for a place on the Work for Yourself Placements (sandwich year) scheme.
This placement gives you the opportunity to spend your placement year focusing on a commercial or social venture of your own. You don’t need an amazing idea just enthusiasm and a desire to do something different. Even if you are not sure that self-employment is the right path for you after you graduate the enterprising skills you will develop throughout your placement year will make you a stand out graduate to employers not to mention the confidence and business knowledge you will acquire. Running your own business or working freelance for a year really looks great on a CV and will be a great talking point at your interview. If you decide to continue working on your business during your final year and beyond, you will still be able to access the Enterprise Team's support.
What you can expect from the placement
- Regular appointments with our Business Start-Up Adviser
- Regular business-related workshops
- Access to specialist business advisers advice as required and appropriate
- Free tenancy in our incubator office space, Hallam i-Lab, for the duration of the scheme.
- Mentoring support
- Networking opportunities
- Funded or unfunded placement opportunities
- The funded route offers a £500 seed with further funding of up to £1000 available to you when it can be demonstrated how the money will be used to develop your business venture
To find out more and to apply, go to our Work for Yourself Placements website page.