Seminar Group Change Requests for 2022/23
You will be able to submit requests to change your seminar groups for 2022/23 for semester 2 delivery from: 9.00 am on Monday 12th December 2022
Can I change seminar groups?
- Medical reasons, such as a regular appointment for chronic condition – you will need to provide evidence for this
- Registered Carer with the Inclusive Support Team – you can provide evidence if appropriate
- Registered Elite Athlete on recognised University Programme – you can provide evidence if appropriate
- Circumstances linked to Learning Contract – your will need to provide further information and/or evidence to support your request
- Other exceptional reasons – you will need to provide evidence for this
Even if your circumstances meet the criteria for requesting a change, we cannot guarantee your request will be processed, as moving to the new seminar group may create clashes with sessions you are already timetabled to attend or there may not be space to accommodate additional students in the new seminar group.
If you wish to request a change to your current seminar group, please complete the seminar change request form by clicking on the relevant department link below.
If you wish to change more than one seminar group, a separate request MUST be made for each seminar group change.
For standard Undergraduate and Postgraduate teaching all requests should be submitted before the Thursday of the 2nd week of teaching to ensure that you do not miss too much teaching with the new group.
The deadline for students to submit requests is:
Wednesday 25th January 2023 at 11.59pm for modules taught during semester 2
Please note: any requests received after the deadline date will be declined.
If your course is not taught over the standard university teaching weeks, please contact Hallam Help for advice on who to speak to request a change. Their contact details can be found at the bottom of this page.
The outcome of this request will be sent to your SHU email account.
If you need to contact Hallam Help: