To ensure you are making an informed decision and you are aware of any implications, academic or financial, we strongly recommend that you read this checklist before making your final decision.

If you subsequently decide to leave your course then you will complete the University withdrawal form at a meeting with your Faculty Student Support Adviser, after which your withdrawal can be actioned.

Some practical things you need to consider if you decide to leave the university

  • You will need to make an appointment with your Faculty Student Support Adviser.
  • At the appointment, you will be able to discuss your decision for withdrawing from your course. Your Faculty Student Support Adviser will help you to complete the necessary paperwork and advise you of anything else you might need to do before leaving the University. It would be helpful if you bring your completed checklist to this meeting.
  • Until you have met with your Faculty Student Support Adviser and submitted the withdrawal form, you will still be deemed to be a student at the university and charged fees accordingly.
  • It is recommended that you seek advice from your Course Leader before leaving, even if you have only been studying for a short period of time. They will be able to advise you about other options and whether you may have sufficient credit to qualify for an award. 

Have you thought about what your next steps might be after leaving?

Are there other alternatives within or outside higher education you might like to pursue? The Student Union Advice Centre and the Careers and Employability Service can give you advice on this. Also, if you are a care leaver, a student with caring responsibilities or a student estranged from your family you may wish to discuss your situation with a named adviser at one of the Student Services Centres. They will help you to look at all your options and understand the possible implications for your tuition fees and funding.

Comments (0)