After you have applied for Disabled Students' Allowances(DSA) and your funding authority has written to you to say you are entitled to DSA, you will need to book a Study Needs Assessment.

Contact the Sheffield Regional Assessment Centre to make an appointment- they're based at Sheffield Hallam University.

To arrange an assessment please complete our online booking request form and a member of our team will be in touch to confirm the date and time of your appointment. 

If you’d prefer to make your booking over the phone please call 0114 225 3623, or alternatively please provide us with the best number to reach you on. Our phone lines are open from 10am-5pm Monday- Friday and will divert to answerphone outside these times so please leave us a message with your name and contact details and we will call you back to book your appointment. 

For more information about booking a Study Needs Assessment  click here.

Sheffield Hallam University strongly recommends that disabled students attend Study Needs Assessments at SRAC for the following reasons:

  • high quality assessments
  • assessors have good knowledge of the support available at Sheffield Hallam
  • minimum delay between the assessment and receiving your support
  • much easier to access follow-up support after your assessment