Nearly time to
What is enrolment?
We’re looking forward to welcoming you to Hallam! It’s important for you – and for us – that we set you up to succeed on your course. Enrolling in good time is an essential step in starting your studies.
- require you to accept the University terms and conditions,
- confirm your place on your course,
- secure your access to the facilities, resources and services provided by Hallam,
- enables you to check your details,
- fulfil any requirements of your course
When can I enrol?
You will receive an email inviting you to enrol around two weeks before your course starts.
We will send the email to the personal email address you gave us. If your details have changed (for example, you may have provided a college email address you no longer have access to), you must let us know now so we can make sure your invitation reaches you safely.
How do I enrol?
Your enrolment invitation email will contain:
- your student number and username,
- a link to the Hallam Welcome portal, where you will find instructions on how to get started with your enrolment, what you’ll need, and guidance on the steps to complete your enrolment.
The online enrolment process itself also gives you lots of guidance, but if you have any problems or queries our team are here to help you. You should allow around 20 to 30 minutes to complete the enrolment task.
In the Hallam Welcome portal, you will also find information to get you prepared for university life and resources for you to explore as you start your studies at Hallam. You can return to the portal as often as you like.
If you are an international student on a taught course, you must pay the required amount of your tuition fee before you can fully enrol. If you are unsure of the amount you need to pay, please refer to your offer letter. You should note that:
- your payment needs to be received by the university and marked against your student record before you can start enrolling
- you need to allow five business days for your payment to clear and the enrolment task to become available to you
- you can use the Flywire payment service to make a secure, tracked payment
- if you make a payment by bank transfer, you should allow around four weeks for your payment to clear - so please make your payment as early as possible
- guidance for International Arrivals is provided on the Hallam Welcome portal.
Completing your enrolment will also enable you to get your SHUcard (our Hallam student card) and will trigger your loan payments, if applicable.
If you’ve already received your enrolment invitation email, you can now follow the instructions in your email to get started!
Need any help?
If you need any help with enrolling, or re-enrolling, our enrolment team will be happy to help you:
Phone: 0114 478 1478
Phone lines are currently open Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm, UK time.